Aluminium melting furnaces serve for melting block metal and production return scrap. Depending on the individual site conditions they can be stationary or tiltable. Typically they are equipped with regenerative burner systems.
Hearth-type melting furnaces are used for melting block metal, production return scrap etc. or for mixing potroom metal with block metal.
Melting furnaces are equipped with natural gas burners with automatic electric ignition systems incl. automatic flame monitoring systems or with electrical heaters. For optimum radiant and convective heat transfer, burners with large flame volumes are used. Burners are controlled depending on bath temperature.
Mathematical models of heat distribution ensure ideal heating configuration for each furnace.
Tiltable melting furnaces are equipped with hydraulic tilting systems, which allow controlled transfer of liquid metal.
Wide door openings allow easy charging, cleaning and inspection.
For easier and quicker charging the furnaces can be equipped with charging machines.
Electromagnetic agitation or active liquid metal circulation are also applicable.
- plant design tailored to clients requirements
- easy to use - low energy consumption
- high heat recovery efficiency
- low metal loss
- minimal pollutant emissions
- long service life
- high melting capacity
- large bath volume
- low maintenance requirements
Advantages of regenerative air-preheating:
- high combustion air temperature
- reduced burner power required
- efficient heat recovery
- no steel parts in hot areas compact design
- Regenerative burner systems reduce energy and resource consumption and environmental pollution
- Flat walls and wide door openings allow quick and easy cleaning of the bath area
- Shape of the furnace bottom allows complete emptying of the furnace
- Electromagnetic agitation reduces melting and mixing time
- Tilting melting furnaces allow safe and easy control of liquid metal transfer to downstream equipment and safe conditions for operators
- Automatic burner and process control improve safety
- Hoods above doors reduce pollution of the building area during charging and cleaning operations
- Charging by automatic charging machines reduce need for direct access of operators to the furnace